Kristin's crustless quiche
- 1 cup chopped ham*
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Tillamook Sharp Cheddar)
- 2-3 cups chopped veggies*
- 1/4 -1/2 cup cottage cheese*
- salt, black pepper, paprika*
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- parmesan cheese
- mix everything together, expect the eggs and parmesan, in a big bowl
- beat the eggs in a separate bowl
- add eggs to the big bowl of mess
- grease, butter, or spray a large pie pan or two smaller ones
- fill pie pan(s)
- sprinkle parmesan on top
- bake for 45-60 minutes at 475 degrees *
- cool a bit and enjoy!
*NOTES: You could use a bacon, sausage or a vegetarian version, or just add more cheese and/or veggies. I threw in left over stir fry veggies and some organic chopped frozen spinach-didn't even thaw it). I love Nancy's brand because it's got a lot of bite! I don't measure spices very often, but I tasted the mixture before I added the eggs and it was flavorful. I seldom preheat my oven expect when baking bread, so the time can vary. Give the middle of the quiche a little push, it should be firm and it the quiche should be golden brown around the edges a bit.
Anyway, this is what I call a crustless quiche. But maybe it's more of a frittata or savory bread pudding minus the bread? I don't know. Whatever you call it, it's tasty, easy and a great way to get rid of left overs. What's not to love…
Hope you give a try and let me know what you throw into yours. Enjoy!