|Some of us who walk the walk.|
Many of you already now that I started a walking group in my South Tabor neighborhood earlier this year. I'm always amazed at the a plethora of topics we touch on, and wanted to make sure everyone knew about some key things going on in the 'hood and around town.
- there is a South Tabor Neighborhood Association website
- as well as a Facebook Page where you can get the latest updates
- you can also get on the South Tabor Neighborhood Yahoo Group for email updates.
- I love this: MaryLouise has created a History of South Tabor Neighborhood site.
- There's talk of creating kiosks/bulletin boards and installing them along Woodward so people can connect more.
- Collaborate PDX is a site for sharing resources and building community
- John mentioned he's now a member of Get Around Portland, a peer to peer car sharing program.
- A gal from Milwaukie joined us because she's looking to buy a house in South Tabor. (I know real estate agents right in the area and said I'd connect her to Larry Cooper and Tom Cotter and Doug Beebe.)
- We were reminded that neighborhood association meets the 3rd Thursday each month at Trinity Church at SE 67th and Clinton St. (That's tonight!)
Here are some answers to FAQs I get about the walks.
- We meet at the corner of SE 66th and SE Woodward on Wednesdays at 7:00pm
- We walk at the pace set by the group.
- We usually walk for about an hour.
- Kids and dogs are welcome as long as they are under your watch/control.
- We head out in different directions each week. Sometimes we go to Mt Tabor. We've been over to Old House Dahlias and down to the Holgate Library. We've walked by each other's houses to learn where everyone lives.
- The walks will run year round. There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing choices. ;-) (I host outdoor fitness classes year round and only cancel in the case of ice.)
- on some walks theres a group of 5, other nights it's a group of 15. If everyone showed up together, it would be about 40 walkers!
- Everyone--regardless of where you live--is welcome to come walk with us!
Any other questions? Send me a message.