I did make a tasty quickie meal the other day and thought I'd share it with you. Now, if I said it once, I've said it a million times, I make up meals on the fly so I hope you'll go with the flow here and come up with your own version…and of course share it with us.
So here's the general idea. Remember exact amounts are rare in my kitchen adventures.
Creamy Pumpkin Curry in a Hurry
- 1 20-ounce can of pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling, just pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup water or broth
- 3/4 cup milk (your choice, cow, soy, almond. Anything as long as it's not sweetened)
- 2 heaping tablespoons of curry powder (I used the madras hot one from Stone Cottage)
- 2-3 generous shakes garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (your choice)
- 1-2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- a protein source, chopped cooked chicken, tofu cubes (drained), hard boiled eggs, etc
- cooked rice, quineoa, etc (optional)
- blend the pumpkin puree, salsa, water, curry powder and garlic. Set aside.
- Sautee the shrooms so they are browned and softened
- stir in your chicken or tofu (if you do the eggs, I'd stir them at the very end or just put them over the top)
- add in your curry sauce and chopped broccoli
- cover and simmer 5 minutes on medium or so, 'til broccoli is cooked to your liking
- scoop it over a bowl of rice or not and enjoy!
Sorry, no photos. I guess I ate the evidence. ;-) Enjoy and let me know what you come up with too!