4 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 zucchini, chunk chopped
2 small sweet potatoes, chuck chopped
1-2 cup pearl onions
1 can chick peas, rinsed
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup peanut butter (real peanut butter, none of the sweetened, hydrogenated stuff)
1/4 cup tahini
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3+ T curry powder
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
3 T soy sauce
1 T honey
4 T salsa
garnish options: toasted sesame seeds, chopped dates, cilantro, coconut flakes...
- mix up all the sauce ingredients. I do this directly in the crock pot. Taste it along the way to see if it needs more of something. (Do NOT taste the sauce once you add the raw chicken. (I'm just sayin'.)
- throw in your veggies
- I brown the thighs before putting them in the slow cooker, but you can throw them in minus this step.
- add the chicken to the slow cooker, set on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8.
- serve over quinoa, brown rice, etc.
- garnish with what ever you like.
NOTES: You can add more of the veggies listed here or some of your favorites you think would make a nice addition. You might want to add the zucchini closer to the end of cooking. It got kind of mushy. I think I may add a bit of Chinese Five Spice to the sauce next time too.