Here are some of the ways I make lasagna yummy and reduce the fat/calories.
- Do a 1/2 ricotta 1/2 hummus mixture. Yummy and more fiber.
- Mix canned pumpkin (plain, not sweetened!) with ricotta. Ups the fiber and betacarotene.
- Saute up some onions, spinach, peppers, garlic and asparagus for veggie layer.
- Make it a mexican lasagna. Try subbing tortillas for noodles, beans and veggies for filling, enchilada/salsa for sauce. A little cheese, maybe cojita, sprinkled over the top. Yum!
- other ingredients that work well are mushrooms, squash, tofu, pureed white or garbanzo beans, greens, fennel, leeks, artichoke hearts...
Ok, gotta run. Just wanted to share! Feel free to share your ideas on how you do yours